Sarah is a senior staff photographer for media group Archant Suffolk working at the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star newspapers. She also shoots features regularly for Suffolk magazine.
After completing a degree in psychology and art history, she went on to study photography at Central St Martins in London. It was here that – together with fellow students – she co- founded 24photography, a project created by 24 photographers to document the first 24 hours of each New Year for 24 years. The movement started in 2004 and has exhibited in locations across London, including the fountains of Trafalgar Square, The SS Robin, Greenwich Park, Berkeley Square and Soho Square.
Her work features in a number of private collections and has been recognised with multiple awards and exhibitions, such as the Times/Tabasco Young Photographer of the Year, Foto8 Summershow and The Press Photographers Year.
Sarah is currently working on a long term project called ‘Liminal Space’, exploring the transition between dreaming and waking through a series of landscapes and seascapes, shot in Suffolk, where she is now based.
- Winner – Nikon In Frame 2011
- Shortlisted – The Press Photographers Year 2011
- Shortlisted – News Photographer of the Year, EDF East of England Media Awards 2011
- Shortlisted – ‘Amantani ‘Meet My World Photography Exhibition’ 2011
- Highly Commended- London Photographic Association Still Life5 Exhibition 2011
- Honourable Mention and selected for the 2nd Edition of the ‘Portraits and People’ book in the Worldwide Photography Gala Awards 2011
- Shortlisted – Times/Tabasco Young Photographer of the Year 2004
- British Press Photographers Association Portraits Project 2007
- Foto8 Summershow 2011 , London
- The Press Photographers Year 2011, The National Theatre, London
- 24:2004 – Cafe Mezzo, Soho
- 24:2005 – Soho Square , London
- 24:2006 – Trafalgar Square, London
- 24:2007 – SS Robin, Canary Wharf, London
- 24:2008 – AOP , London
- 24:2009 – Greenwich Park & Viewfinder Gallery, London
- 24:2010 – Golden Square, London
- 24:2011 – Berkeley Square, London
- Amantani ‘Meet my World’, Norton Rose, London, 2011
- 24:2012 – Berkeley Square , London
- 24:2013 – Berkeley Square, London
- 24:2014 – Soho Square, London
- 24:2015 – Soho Square, London
- ‘Liminal Space’ , The Ephemeral Gallery, Saxmundham, 2015